Pharma giant Sanofi is partnering with Yseop, an AI software company, to expand its natural language generation capabilities and speed up drug development. The program translates clinical trial data into written summaries. Sanofi said it will use the platform to grow its clinical study submission processes for some therapeutic and vaccine use cases.
Castlight, a health navigation platform company, announced a partnership with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, to launch a new health and wellness care tool for commercial health plan members. The goal is to make it easier for customers to navigate their plan documents and give the insurer insights into each member's specific benefits, program eligibility, specialist referrals, and gaps in care.
Eli Lilly, Indianapolis-based pharma giant, announced a partnership with digital therapeutics company, Sidekick Health to develop an app people living with breast cancer. Patients can access digital treatment plans that promote behavior modification. The project will focus on physical activity, diet, sleep, stress management and adherence, and is set to launch in July 2022 for patients in Germany. There are plans to expand to other markets.
Capital Rx, a pharmacy platform company, closed a $106 million Series C funding round. The round was led by B Capital, with participation from General Catalyst, Transformation Capital and Edison Partners. With the closing, Capital Rx increases overall funding to $175 million and welcomes Dr. Robert Mittendorff, General Partner and Head of Healthcare at B Capital, to its board of directors.
Other funding rounds and deals:
- Proscia, an AI-enabled cancer diagnosis and research company, raised $37 million in a Series C funding round to increase the adoption of computation pathology and increase scale. This round increases the company’s total funding to $72 million.
- Sana, a digital health benefits platform company for employees, raised $60 million in a Series B round. The deal will allow the company to expand its team and build new primary health centers in new markets.
- Proximie, an AI-powered digital surgery platform, raised $80 million in Series C funding. It will be used to more quickly develop key products and the platform.
- Sesame, a direct pay platform for both insured and uninsured patients, raised $27 million in a Series B funding round.
- Abacus Insights, a healthcare data interoperability platform, raised $28 million in Series C funding.
- NOWATCH, a smartwatch that measures and predicts stress by monitoring blood cortisol levels, raised $8.7 million in a Series A funding round.
- Swing Therapeutics, a digital therapeutics treatments provider for people with fibromyalgia, autoimmune and chronic pain conditions, closed a $10.3 million in a Series A funding round.
- Post Acute Analytics, an analytics company, raised an undisclosed amount in a Series C funding round.
- ResMed, a medical device company focused on sleep, hypertension and respiratory care, acquired MEDIFOX DAN, a provider of digital healthcare practice management solutions for $1 billion.
- Bardavon Health Innovations, a musculoskeletal health solutions company, acquired PeerWell, a consumer-focused musculoskeletal (MSK) care app for workers in the U.S.